Tickets created after May 12, 2020 have its ticket # but cannot be searched or filtered.

Danny Kim May 18, 2020

Instead the error message "An unknown error occurred while trying to perform a search." when performing a basic search.

I asked my supervisor for what he did for reindexing he did the following:

1. service httpd stop
      2. cd /home/data/atlassian/application-data/jira/caches
      3. mv indexesV1 indexesV2
      4. service httpd start

JIRA standalone Server is VMware with OS:CentOS Release 6.9.

Benjamin

Head of Quality Assurance

tried to help but failed.

I need remote hands-on tech support, please send me an email to danny.kim@lgcns.com to scheduling. 

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Danny Kim May 26, 2020

tail-f.jpg

I got what you asked.

Please find the image shown above to find some clue for resolving the issue.

Thank you for your help, Nic.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020

There's not enough of the error log here to tell us much.  Although there's clearly a problem with your LDAP connection which needs fixing.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020

Um, your supervisor appears to have destroyed your index, so I'm not suprised searches are failing.

For re-indexing, you should use Admin -> Index -> Rebuild index (use the full locking one).  That applies for repairing the damage that's been done here too.  It will rebuild it from scratch, re-creating the files it needs.

Danny Kim May 18, 2020

Hi, Mic Brough.

If possible, can you give me step-by-step guide?

I'm totally new to JIRA need an illustrated instruction works best for me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

It really is as simple as

Admin -> Index -> Rebuild index

Log in as an admin.  Go into the Admin menus (cog at the top right near your profile picute) and look for "indexing".  Use . or the search-admin field towards the top left of the screen to search for "index" if the menus are a bit overwhelming.

Danny Kim May 18, 2020

re_index.jpgre_index_done.jpgUnknownError_after_re_index.jpg

Danny Kim May 18, 2020

Performed re-index from what you asked but looks like the issues is remained.

What if it is not related with indexing?

The error message is only occurred when having an issue with indexing only?

Please advise.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

I would want to read the application logs next

Should atlassian-jira.log under <jira home>/logs/ (but check all of the files in there for errors being thrown as you refresh the dashboard in the browser)

Danny Kim May 18, 2020

Audit_Log screen since May 11,2020 as shown below.

Audit_Log_Since0511_2020_LastPageTop.jpgAudit_Log_Since0511_2020_LastPageBottom.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

We need to look at the application logs as I said before, not sure why you've looked at the audit.

Danny Kim May 18, 2020

I only got the word "log". My apologies; why did I do that?

Could you tell me how to get application logs?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

Danny Kim May 19, 2020

Nic, 

I have atlassian-jira.log file but can't be attached the file in this thread.

Do you have email address that I can send log file?

Thank you.

Danny Kim May 19, 2020

You can download atlassian-jira.log file from the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MXzWlUMeQtphEktWiAfDdgtwXflHAppd

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2020

Could you tell us what the logs say as the dashboard fails to render?  I don't have the time to plough through some-one else's log with no idea when the error may have happened.

Danny Kim May 19, 2020

Sure, what's the keyword that I can find for the dashboard rendering failure?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2020

I don't know - that's what we're reading the logs for.

The easiest thing to do is if your server is a Unix-like system.  You log in with a terminal emulator, go to the logs directory and use "tail -f atlassian-jira.log".  This will give you the last few lines in the log, but it will update if more are written. 

So then go to Jira, and provoke the error again.  The errors we need to see will be dumped out by the tail -f.

I don't know of an equivalent in Windows.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events