Tickets Disappearing From Projects

spetersen January 23, 2020

Hello,

In our Jira Service Desk Cloud environment we make use of 3 projects.

Each project is based on our different branch locations.

2 out of the 3 projects receive quite a few more tickets than the 3rd due to the 3rd branch containing so few employees.

What I have begun to notice is that past tickets have started to disappear randomly from the 3rd project to the point where there is only 2 (both of which are open), while all of the others aren't visible anymore.

For reference, there should be 18 tickets located in the 3rd project with 16 of them being in the "Closed" state, but none of those appear to be there, while the 2 that are still in progress are visible.

This also seemed to have been going on since the beginning of our implementation of Jira Service Desk, which started in October 2019.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hi,

Since the tickets are resolved (with resolution field set), I guess they do not appear in the queues.

Please send a screenshot of the queues.

You can still find any ticket in jira by using the search issue feature and filter as you need.

Jira does not delete tickets by its own, no need to worry about that.

Thank you for your quick response.

After you mentioned "filter", I remember there was an option to change what type of tickets are viewable by editing the queue options.

While looking at the filters, I noticed that only the Unresolved checkbox was checked, which explains why only the open tickets were viewable.

Someone may had changed this filtering accidentally, which honestly could have been me when playing around during the initial implementation.

Thank you for the help and sorry for the inconvenience.

elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Glad it helped. Please mark my answer as helpful for the future users visiting this page.

Good luck on jira

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Are they disappearing from a report or gone if you look at the project directly? If you have the issue number can you search on it?  If when looking directly at the project or can't find it in a search is sounds like they are being deleted. Allowing deletion of issues isn't a good idea. 

Thanks for the quick response.

It turned out to be a filtering issue that was altered early on accidentally where it only showed Unresolved tickets.

I have changed it to view all tickets regardless of their status and that fixed my issue.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer