Test environemnt

Bernardo San Juan June 30, 2015

Hi, 

We are considering to inegrated "Aha!" in our JIRA on Demand instnace. However, before doing it, we would like to make sure we do not destroy existing configuration. 

Is there a possibility to have something like a clone of our instance in where we can mess around as much as we want? something like a test environment, that we can role in paralel to our production instance.

If so, I assume that it is got an extra cost. Can you give me information or refer me to a document.

Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2015

You can create a local instance using an Evaluation license to test this implementation before apply to your Cloud environment.

In case you need a license for a long time, you can contact the sales@atlassian.com and ask for a quote.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Andre 

Great idea, so I do not need to pay :)

thks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2015

Two options:

1. Run a local copy yourself, if you're confident enough that the differences between Cloud and downloaded versions don't matter too much (I regularly work on a downloaded version and apply changes upwards, but I do have a lot of experience of the quirks - I'd only recommend this approach for admins who've got a bit of experience, not new-starters)
  2. As you suggest, get a second Cloud account

And two points about it...

1. You don't need the same number of users, unless you're load testing.  So you could have 500 users in production, and 500 in dev/test, but with 495 of them disabled in dev, so you remain below the 10 user licence limit
  2. This isn't really a migration doc as such, it's about "changing" the url.  But if you follow it, you'll see how you can create one cloud instance that's a copy of another (for download, it's similar, but you'll want to do a bit more reading before you try that).  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Changing+the+Cloud+Instance+URL+Address+or+Migrating+to+a+New+Cloud+Instance - and then don't do the "shut down old system" bit at the end!

Many thanks for your quick reply. The clarified all my questions :)

Suggest an answer