Tempo Timesheet Gadgets are Causing Freezing

Büşra Betül BAYRAM May 14, 2020

Hello,

We are using tempo Version:10.14.4 in our Jira server. Tempo Timesheet Gadgets are causing freezing of the Jira and the dashboard page is not responding. 

Jira Error.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nexign Team May 22, 2020

I've got notification from Tempo

We have released a hotfix with improvements for the Gadget performance in the latest version of Tempo Timesheets (v10.16.1).

The performance spike was caused by a new version of an external library used in most of the gadgets in combination with the gadget technology being outdated. This should now be improved.
Please update to the latest version and let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Tempo Support Team

Nothing about JIRA 7(

Büşra Betül BAYRAM May 22, 2020

Yes indeed, a hotfix is released. I came to say this but you were faster than me. Thank you for the update :)

Like Jan likes this
Büşra Betül BAYRAM May 22, 2020

I did not see an update yet though... Our version is still on 10.14.4.

Sebastian Pedraza May 22, 2020

Hi Everyone, If you have any issues that stops you from upgrading to our latest version where this has been fixed, please contact our Support team and specify what version you have. https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

We continue working on this issue so we would like to know what versions our Customers need this fix on and consider the next steps.

Thanks,

Tempo Support

azade bagheri June 16, 2020

Hello Sebastian,

I have the same problem.

and I can't update plugin for this time. I want disable user timesheet gadget module in tempo plug-in, but i don't now which module must be disabled?

can help me to resolve this.

Thank's

Azadeh

Nexign Team June 16, 2020

I switched off 2 modules with the same name:

Tempo Gadget User Timesheet

(tempo-gadget-user-timesheet)

Like Büşra Betül BAYRAM likes this
Büşra Betül BAYRAM June 16, 2020

Hello @azade bagheri

@Nexign Team 's suggestion is true but do not forget to restart JIRA after disabling modules. 

Sebastian Pedraza June 16, 2020

HI @azade bagheri if the suggestion above to restart after still doesn't work, please open a request in our portal (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6 ) so we can investigate in more detail your case to help you out.

Best Regards

Sebastian

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

Your best bet is to contact support team.

I did indeed. I saw other ppl having the same problem as we did so I just wanted ask here too. Thank you for your concern though.

Like cindy shapiro likes this
Tryggingastofnun rikisins May 14, 2020

The same problem. We are using jira verison 8.4.1, Tempo version 10.8.0 

Tempo team replied my ticket and said they defined this problem as a bug and they will trying to root the problem and release a bug fix. Until then we can not use the gadget I suppose. 

Crea May 14, 2020

we have exactly the same problem.

we are using jira software 8.5 and latest tempo version (released today)

Like # people like this
Nexign Team May 14, 2020

We have the same problem. We disabled gadget in plug-ins and restarted JIRA.

Tempo Timesheets 8.5.13.

Like # people like this
Bruce Goins May 14, 2020

Can somebody provide the link to the Tempo Bug ticket for this issue?

Thanks in advance

Like Büşra Betül BAYRAM likes this

I got this reply from them, If there will be an update I can tell you from here too.

Hi Büşra,
Thank you for reaching out to Tempo Support.

We are suspecting this to be a bug as we have got other similar reports. Our development team has an ongoing investigation and will once the root cause has been concluded eventually release a fix. You will be notified once the fix has been released and until then the status of this ticket will be set as On-hold.

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Stanislav Petr May 14, 2020

Hi Büşra,

we are facing the same problem on PROD and TEST instances on one of our client who has older versions of Jira 7.11.2 and Tempo Timesheets 8.13.1 because of expired maintenance.

We were testing couple scenarios and the "User Timesheet" gadget caused browser to freeze if "previous period" has been chosen. My colleague got it frozen in other options too and functional in Internet Explorer.

Would you be so kind to share the Tempo support ticket or share it with us?

Thank you. S

Hi Stanislav,

We are facing the problem with both tempo team timesheet gadget and tempo user timesheet gadget, and the period is not making any difference, it freezes. I may try to sharing the ticket if you provide me an email address.

Like # people like this
Stanislav Petr May 15, 2020

Hi Büşra,

here it is - petr at servodata dot net

Thank you very much

S

Büşra Betül BAYRAM May 15, 2020

I shared the support ticket with you.

You're welcome :)

Stanislav Petr May 15, 2020

Thank you very much Büşra :-)

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2020

@Büşra Betül BAYRAM  My users are reporting same issue, will you update this thread when they release the fix?

Sure, I will try to update here :)

Like # people like this
Nexign Team May 15, 2020

Do you all have JIRA performance problems due to this bug?

I noticed that count of worker threads increased rapidly

Yes indeed. In our company we have local network which only can connect the internal server, Jira Server is one of them. After this bug, I have problems to use Jira at local computer. but at Internet computer, no problem is occurred yet.

Suggest an answer