Swimlanes/Issue Type

l.rabino February 4, 2021

I want to mimic the swimlanes view using queries.

Swimlanes+with+stories+setting.png

Issue i'm facing is that i'm not using Stories I have an Issue Type named "Work Package"

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 2.33.52 PM.png

Is there a way to accomplish it or maybe make my custom issue type to be like stories?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hello @l.rabino 

Can you clarify what criteria you want to use for your swim lanes, and what you expect them to display?

The image you've posted appears to be using the Stories swimlane setting. In that case, an issue will get a swimlane only if it has sub-tasks. and the issues that are eligible to get a swimlane are all the issues that are not Epic and are not a SUB-TASK type of issue. So, your Work Package issues would get a swim lane if they have sub-tasks.

My expectation is that it should show similar to the view if swim lanes is set to "Stories". My custom Issue type is as a standard issue type.

I can't seem to have it shown similarly.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

@l.rabino 

A Standard issue will show in a separate swimlane (when swimlanes is set to Stories) only if it has sub-tasks. Do any of your Work Package issues have sub-tasks?

The Stories swimlane configuration doesn't create swimlanes only for the Story type issues. It creates a swimlane for each Standard-type issue that has sub-tasks.

You should be be able to just set the Swimlanes to Stories. You should not need to use the Queries setting.

Yes all my standard issue type has sub-tasks enabled and exists in all of them but still doesn't show in the board.

See my screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 4.25.43 PM.png

Even if with sub-task with the swimlanes my sub task doesn't show in the board...

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

From you latest image I see

- You have a sub-task type issue with ID TES-7

- It is attached to a Task standard issue with ID TES-3

Is Task issue with ID TES-3 appearing on your board at all?

The status of the sub-task TES-7, based on the second image is "Backlog". Is the status Backlog mapped to a column on your board?

I moved ahead and changed the status to "Open" which is currently map to a column but still doesn't display sub-tasks.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Can you provide screen images of the following?

- Your column mappings

- An issue of type Work Package that has a sub-task, showing the status of both the Work Package and sub-task issue

- Your board, showing the same Work Package issue displayed on it.

Also, what is the filter for your board? Is your filter excluding the sub-task?

Thank you!!! I was so in depth of the issue that didn't eve bother to look at that filters.

Thanks.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Hi @l.rabino ,

What type of Project and Board are you using in your screenshot?

What do the issues have in common in each swimlane that would allow you to write the JQL?

In other words, what you want to see in each swimlane?

My expectation is that it should show similar to the view if swim lanes is set to "Stories". My custom Issue type is as a standard issue type with subtasks.

Would you happen to have the JQL script if i change the swim lanes based on queries?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events