Sprint board shows incorrect priority of issue

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

I have an issue "A" and this issue has a priority "Blocker":

Blocker priotity of issue.png

However, a "Sprint Board" shows a priority of issue set to "Major".

Priority at board.png

Then, I reindexed Jira and "Sprint Board" start showing a correct priority set to "Blocker".

Is it possible to show actual priorities of issue without manually calling Jira re-indexing or other ways to show correct priorities of issues on the "Sprint Board"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

This implies that when you update (or create?) an issue, the index is going out of sync with the issue.  This is quite hard to do unless you've got code interfering with the process. 

Could you check what post-functions, automations, listeners and so-on you have that might be breaking the create/update of an issue?

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2018

I've seen post function that creates an issue and there is no code to change priority field. It is a really strange behavior.  

May be it happened as I've used a SQL job to update priority statuses of linked issues. But SQL job should not be a source of problem because an issue priority was not changed.

Is there any way to change priority of linked issues if priority of main issue is edited?

For example, I have two issues - "issue A" and "issue B".  "Issue A" has a link to issue "B".

Is it possible to set "Priority" field to "Major" of "issue B", if an user sets "Priority" of "issue A" to "Major"?

I have a chance to use ScriptRunner.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2018

NEVER write to a Jira database with SQL, unless it is offline and you know exactly what you are doing (99% of people trying it do not know enough to risk it).  Otherwise you will damage (potentially destroy) your system.

That change almost certainly is the problem, and you really need to undo the damage.  Ideally, restore the database from a backup you took before running the SQL.  If you have no backup or don't want to do it, the next best option is to stop Jira, run SQL that reverses your changes, restart it and re-index.  If you can't do that either, then restart Jira, run a full re-index and just live in hope no permanent damage has been done.

And whatever you do as a repair, please throw away your SQL and never try it again.

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2018

Thanks for your reply, Nic! I've stopped the job. 
Nic, Please, see my question
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Edit-linked-issue-if-main-issue-is-edited/qaq-p/859768

Thanks a lot, Nic!

Suggest an answer