Sprint Health Gadget Not Showing Work Completed

Sam Hickman
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

Trying to help a user that has an active sprint combined of stories, blockers, sub-task & releases from two projects.  His board filter is:

project = project A OR project = Project B ORDER BY Rank ASC

There were originally issues w/his work flow statuses and board columns but we've resolved those.  I've verified the columns are correct with To Do, In Progress & Done.  All of the the Done issues have a resolution of Done.  However, Work Completed on the Sprint Health Gadget shows "0%".  If I run a query that says sprint = ### & resolution = Done, 23 issues pull up.  

What are we doing wrong here?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hi Sam,

I see that you are running a sprint that contains issues from multiple projects and seem to be having some concerns about the sprint health gadget not showing the expected results.

The work completed percentages are not measured by resolution value, but rather it is:

calculated based on the estimation statistic used for your board

Source: Work complete section of the Using the Sprint Health Gadget.

So I would also be interested to see if you can jump to the Board -> Configure Board -> Estimation section in order to see what estimation statistic is in use for this board.  This estimation statistic plays a big part in regards to how that sprint health gadget is displaying data for both the graph and the work completed percentage.

On a side note, I don't believe that the resolution value of "Done" factors in here.  In my testing I found that the issue status of "Done" would be shown in the completed issues in the graph section of that gadget, however the percentage values (such as work complete, scope change, etc) that appear below that graph can be calculated differently based on the estimate statistic in use for that board.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any follow up concerns here.

Cheers,

Andy

Sam Hickman
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

Hi Andy - Thanks for the response.  We determined that the problem was in our filter on the board.  We had where project = xyz or project = abc.  To fix, we changed the filter to Project IN (XYZ, ABC) and the gadget works perfectly now. 

Suggest an answer