Some transition buttons not appearing from issue view

MARTA ROSSON November 19, 2019

Hi,

I am finding that in some cases not all possible transition buttons appear in the issue view. It is not possible to transition thos issues from a board either. In this case our workflow allows to transition to in progress to resolved, but the "Resolved" option is not appearing and the issue cannot be transitioned.

Also this is not happening in other projects using the same workflow.

Thanks

Marta

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Are the two projects using the same permission scheme?

MARTA ROSSON November 20, 2019

Yes, they are using same permission scheme, screen scheme and workflow scheme

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

Are you using project roles in your workflow or permission scheme to set who is allowed to resolve an issue? Or do you have any other conditions in the workflow that controls this?

MARTA ROSSON November 21, 2019

No. That is what is strange about it. Even as a JIRA Admin or project admin I cannot see the right statuses in the flow. 

Same user with same permissions in another project that is using the same workflows can see all the right status to transition to.

We transitioned the project to a new workflow schema (quite similar to previous one though) so I am assuming it is related to that (even though all the other projects are not having this issue having gone through the same changes)

Performed the Integrity Checker and came out clean so can't think what else we can do.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2019

Try this, create a new copy of the workflow and associate it with the project and see if that helps.

MARTA ROSSON November 22, 2019

Didn't work either... :(

Suggest an answer