Some browsers render and others do not?

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

I have a scenario where some users are able to work in Jira with their workstations and some are not. I am unable to pin point exactly what the diff is. Anyone else run into this?

• User logs in, system dashboard appears with only an ellipses button to the right (no widgets)
  • menus do not work when clicked on
  • User can log out and is presented with the login screen, logs in and right back to a black screen
  • Same user logs in from another machine and things seem to work as expected
  • Same versions of browsers and OS (64 Bit)
  • Cleared cache
  • Removed Temp files

I will go ahead and state, "I am not aware of any changes over the past few weeks" to Jira or to workstations. 

Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Support was able to offer a few ideas to try.

1. Remove the text in the banner.
  2. Enable Safe Mode. If problem no longer exists, test each Add-On until the culprit is identified.

I performed both of the above then recycled the instance. Things appear to be back to normal.

Must have been a wonky Add-On?

Not sure how a comment in the banner section would cause some browsers to work and some not.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Some admins have taken to using the announcement banner as a means to include their own custom javascript that they want to appear on all pages in Jira.  This can be useful in certain cases, but it can also cause unexpected problems in regards to pages not rendering as expected.  

If this problem does not happen in safemode, then it seems to indicate there is a plugin in your instance that might be causing this.

Suggest an answer