Site Hosted Bamboo and Jira Cloud

upsampled January 30, 2019

We have a Site Hosted Bamboo instance behind an nginx proxy and I currently cannot get it to form a complete application link with Cloud JIRA. What is most odd is that I do not see JIRA Cloud even attempting to probe for information. I am looking at nginx's logs and do not see any HTTP requests from Atlassian's domain when I enter the applications public URL.

Does the bamboo/nginx need a cert from a True Web CA? Does JIRA cloud have some sort of cache that is remembering a bad configuration and not trying?

Background

Before migrating to the cloud, all my Atlassian apps spoke to each other via HTTP on a trusted vLAN and nginx implemented HTTPS with Mutual TLS for external clients. I then migrated JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket to the cloud and am trying to hook Bamboo into them.

I original tried to create the application link in Bamboo. It detected the Cloud Jira and then redirected me there, but then I got the following error "Unable to reciprocate link- It has not been possible to retrieve the required information from https://<domain>/bamboo".  At this point the Application link in bamboo shows a valid Incoming Authentication, but an error screen for Outgoing Authentication.

I then realized that I need to turn off Mutual TLS for Jira Cloud to work because I don't know it's cert or if it would use one. I also decided to try to monitor my access logs to see the HTTP requests at least come in. After setting Mutual Auth to optional and off, I still do not see Jira Cloud making any attempt to probe the server. 

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2019

What is the port number used in the Bamboo URL?

Functional differences in Atlassian Cloud

Suggest an answer