Showing "Done" tasks within an Epic

Jonathan_Salaveria November 13, 2018

Lets say I have an epic that will last multiple sprints.  There are different user stories/sub tasks per sprint.  

Is there a way to show all user stories/sub tasks within that epic to show what has been completed?

When you check a user story/sub task as "done" it disappears  into the the completed filter.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
kavi shree
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

@Jonathan_Salaveria

Once the issue is done its completed,It won't be back in backlogs and its not the way how it works.

If the issue is not completed it will be in either backlog or next active sprint.

You will be able to see the historical data from the sprint reports.

To get the sprint reports

go to ->reports->sprint report and select the sprint for which you need to view the data.

If you want to see all the done issues my suggestion would be having a separate board but its not required,Better way is to use sprint reports to check out the issue data.

Thank you this is helpful and gives me an idea

0 votes
kavi shree
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

For column mapping go to board's config->columns

and add Done status to the last column or

create a done column and add  the status to that column.

Now you will be viewing the issues grouped  by epic with the done issues under done column.

Apologies, I should have clarified; I do have the "done" column and that does show what user stories/sub tasks are completed for that sprint, but once that sprint is completed everything in the Done column disapears.

What I'm looking for is something that shows done items in the back log so you have a historical record of all done items for that particular Epic.  I hope that makes sense.  I'm new to this.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

this is similar to a previous question by somebody. Done issues don't belong in the backlog. The backlog is for things that still need to be done (completed). 

0 votes
kavi shree
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

Hi @Jonathan_Salaveria

I would suggest you to use Epic in your board's swimplane.

This will  display the issues grouped by epic with the status(as per the column set up in board config).

To set the swimlane

Go to Board's config->swimlane->under based swimlane on select epic.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.  My board/swimlanes are already configured to show based on epic.  This does not show "done" in view unless I'm missing a step here..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events