Setup Wizard not showing up

Dinyar Dastoor November 30, 2012

On windows, to get a clean start after messing with evaluation installation, I uninstalled the current version and reinstalled Jira 5.2. Both process went well. But not it not taking me to Setup Wizard and instead, showing me a login page with username/password. How do I force the setup wizard ? I need to add at least the admin user before I can get started. Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

It feels like you are using your old database. You can try your previous admin account and see if that works. Otherwise, I would try uninstalling and making sure your database is deleted as well after the uninstall. Also make sure your altassian directory is gone as well.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012
Dinyar Dastoor November 30, 2012

Thanks for pointing that out. You are correct. When I uninstalled, it did not delete the database which was the purpose of uninstalling. I understand that this is a very good safe option. How do you delete the database? Or even better- Can I just delete the database and start over without having to uninstall the software ?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2012

It depends on which database system you have on how to delete it. If you were using HSQLDB then deleting the atlassian directory tree(i.e. the safe way) will do it.

Suggest an answer