Setting up projects with multiple teams and role based ticket/comment view

Diwakar Singh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2019

We are trying to set up a JIRA project with multiple teams including client facing team(Team A), product(Team B) , development team (Team C) and operations(Team D). I would like to know if there is an option to setup the project in such a way, that the comments posted by Team A, should be visible to Team B and D and should not be visible to Team C. Also, the comments posted by Team C, should be visible to team B and D and should not be visible to Team A. If yes, could you please point me in the right direction, how to set this up?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Hello,

You can restrict comment to groups and roles. If you want to automate this process, you would need a scripting app like Power Scripts, ScriptRunner and so on.

If you want to use the Power Scripts app, then you could create a listener on the issue commented event,  where you would check the group of the user and restrict the created comment to the required group.

Then code for your listener would look like this:

if (userInGroup("Team A", currentUser())) {

JComment jcomment = getLastComment(key);

editComment(key, jcomment["id"], jcomment["text"], "TeamA");

}

Suggest an answer