Setting up default security level for anonymous and logged in users

Adam Gee May 1, 2019

Right now, I've made create issues and browse available for anonymous users, however what I would like to do is only allow anonymous users to see the "bugs."

It is my understanding that issue security levels can do this task. I have setup a level for private, logged in users, and it works only if we proactively set it as "private"

What I would like to do is have private be the default for all issues except for bugs.

Or is there a better alternative for restricting anonymous users?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

Set up a second security level that does not include anonymous users and change the workflow for issues that are not bugs so that it sets the new level on issue creation.

Adam Gee May 1, 2019

I think this is what I have configured so far. 

"sets the new level on issue creation."

I have created a post-function on the "Create" transition inbound to "Open." I set it as if the User is part of the "Developer" Group set the default level as etc...

Doesn't seem to be setting anything; I've read posts where I need a separate plugin called "Workflow enhancer"? Not sure if this is the case anymore since those posts are older, however it isn't setting the default for some reason.

Adam Gee May 2, 2019

Whoops. Looks like I didnt publish the workflow draft. 

Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer