Set up JIRA ticket creation from Email

Raymond Wong April 23, 2019

Dear Support,

New to JIRA stuff;

Can I have an option to keep the conditions below, the email notifications still automatically sent by JIRA?

1. Specific group of people created tickets, related to the tag "Logistics", then that the notification mails will send to that specific group of users only.

2. After this specific mail address / server setup at JIRA, other customers still able to receive their ticket creation notifications as before? 

Thanks,

Raymond.

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

Hello @Raymond Wong 

In Jira the notification scheme is based on Issue events, like Issue updated when you update the labels on an issue. 

In this case you will need to write a custom listener which listens for issue update events and if the label is updated then the listener will send the email to specific group of users if the reporter of the ticket also belongs to that group.

Either you can write custom listener or use a paid plugin like Script runner for this purpose.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/listeners.html#_custom_listeners

Raymond Wong May 2, 2019

Hi Tarun Sapra,

Please kindly notice that I would like to have the following done by setup the comments or created tickets by sending email:

Here's what I'd like to achieve:

• New issue created, user receives email notification.
  • User can then reply to that notification and have his/her reply apended to the issue.
  • Users can send an email to a specified address and have an issue created

So that still needed to involve script? If so, any alternative no needed to use scripts?

In addition, my existing setup already can created the ticket to the system, but sent to the wrong ticket group. How can I solved or control this?

Thanks,

Raymond.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events