Set Help Message on Transition Screen

Jason Galea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Hi,

I would like to create help text on a transition screen.

"Please make sure to attach documents"

I am only using the system Field attachment on this screen so I cannot set a description like other custom fields.

Is there a way I can set this using script runner?

Transition Screen.png

Cheers,
Jason

2 answers

2 votes
Gundlupet Sreenidhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

You can use the in-built Message Custom Field (for edit)

image.png

Configure this field's value with your custom HTML message.

Jason_Galea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2018

Hi @Gundlupet Sreenidhi,

For some reason, i don't see those 2 Message Custom Fields on the Advanced Customfield.

Are you sure it;s built in?

I am using JIRA Server version 7.11.2

Cheers,
Jason 

Gundlupet Sreenidhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

@Jason Galea , @Jason_Galea

Sorry! My bad. 

It is part of a (free) plugin :Toolkit plugin for JIRA. 

You can get it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5142/toolkit-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

I am running on JIRA Server version 7.12

Jason_Galea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2018

Works like a charm :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Gundlupet Sreenidhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

Happy to Help!

Please accept the answer

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

Hello,

As far as I know, you can do this by writing a javascript code and adding it to the description of the field on field configuration page. You don't need scriptrunner for this.

You can also make the field required on the transition's validator if you have Jira Suite Utilities plugin. Or you can write a custom script validator.

But if all you need is a help text, you should be able to achieve it with a javascript code in the description.

Regards,

Suggest an answer