Service Desk "Anyone" Browse Projects permission

carlos lugo December 24, 2018

I have a dashboard I would like to display on a wallboard. In includes filters and charts that are shared to "the public" in an effort to get the data up on the wallboard without needing to login an authenticated user to jira. This also seems to require "Anyone" in Browse Projects permission. It works just fine with the "anyone" permission.

Jira is now having a constant heart attack about this with no option to dismiss the really obnoxious popup window. 

I get it, its not super secure.

SO. How can we display project data on a wallboard without needing a logged jira session on a wallboard pc -- which is also not super secure?

Any ideas would be most welcome

2 answers

0 votes
Murugan Mittapalli November 18, 2019

Hi @carlos lugo , 

I need same kind of requirement, did you get the solution that you need or any work around, please give me some suggestions.

Thank you.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2018

There's no supported method that meets all your requirements, period. All methods should require authentication. 

carlos lugo December 24, 2018

Thank you for your quick reply! Happy Holidays!

If the built in dashboards arent useful for wallboards are there other solutions? What are other people using?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2018

We utilize a service account with browse access and no write access, and that account is logged in on the wallboard machine. 

Suggest an answer