Service Desk Project Types Not Showing

Deleted user December 4, 2017

Jira Software version - 7.6.0

Jira Service Desk version - 3.9.0

q.png

The Service Desk project types are not shown. There are several plugins with Service Desk in the name, having modules disabled, but the enable button is not showing.

Did anyone have similar issue? Thanks in Advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Since you noticed that there are service desk modules disabled, that likely is the cause here.  What is not clear here though is why those are disabled.

I would recommend making sure that your Jira instance has a sufficient amount of JVM memory allocated to it per the JIRA Sizing Guide - Atlassian Documentation and from there if need be follow the steps in Increasing Jira application memory - Atlassian documentation in order to make sure that Jira has sufficient resources to load this plugin and all of it's modules on your server.

That is the most common cause for this kind of problem.   However after to do this and restart Jira, it's possible these modules might have been flagged as disabled in the database.  If that happens you will see entries for this when running the SQL query:

select * from pluginstate;

It might be necessary to Stop Jira once more, and remove the entries from that table so that these modules/plugins can startup again when Jira starts.

Try these steps first.  If this does not resolve this problem please let me know. It might be necessary for us to generate a support ticket for this case in order to get more logs from you to better understand the cause here.

Regards,
Andy

Deleted user December 5, 2017

Enabling JIRA Working Hours Plugin has enabled some Service Desk plugins but not all of them... I have deleted my previous instance and installed new Jira Software and Service Desk, which is working fine now.

I'm not sure if the problem was with the memory, as I had around 40% free out of 732 MB, unfortunately I was not able to test it, could not save the .bat file even while exploring with administrative privileges.

Nevertheless, thanks for your advice Andy!

Regards,

Duje

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events