Send notification based on issue type

Jeremy Banks May 16, 2017

I am working with a complex situation and I am hoping for some help. I have 1 project with 9 different issue types. This is what I have set up:

1 project
9 workflows
1 workflow scheme configured to each workflow
9 screens
9 screen schemes
1 Issue type screen schemes

For 8 of my workflows, I have an auto assign set up when a case is created. For the last one, 2 people need to be notified when a case is created. I know I can use a group, but I don't want to do this in the notification scheme because alerts would go out to everyone in the project. Is there a way to send a notification to 2 people in the workflow?

2 answers

0 votes
Chu Liu May 16, 2017

If Script Runner add-on is available on your Jira.

You can sent email through workflow post-function.  Just add a Script Post-Function in "Create issue" transition, there is a script Post-Function named "Send a custom email".

You can try it.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2017

Hi Jeremy,

An alternative is to use Filter Subscriptions. This way you'll create a filter which is ran every x time and if issues are found, they will be emailed.

If you set something up that takes into account the creation date (so an issue only gets emailed once), you avoid spamming these two users.

Another way would be to use HipChat and setup HipChat notification, which are simply awesome!

Let us know if this helped.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer