Search not working

IT_Interne September 7, 2018

I just migrated Jira Sofware 7.7 to 7.10. I used the simplest method: run the executable.
My Jira 7.10 is practically functional, I have two problems.
1. "The configuration of Tomcat server.xml is incorrect". I heard it was a reverse proxy problem.
2. When I search for additional components to download. Nothing happens . It's more annoying ...

2 answers

0 votes
IT_Interne September 12, 2018

an idea ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2018

Until your tomcat server.xml is correct, I would not worry about other issues, as they might be being caused by the error in there.

What does it say is wrong in your Tomcat server.xml?

IT_Interne September 10, 2018

I don't touch the file, here is the excerpt :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with
this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
(the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
-->
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" SSLEngine="on"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener"/>

<Service name="Catalina">
<!--
==============================================================================================================
DEFAULT - Direct connector with no proxy for unproxied access to Jira.

If using a http/https proxy, comment out this connector.
==============================================================================================================
-->

<Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false"/>

<!--

[...]

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

<Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"
factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/>
<Manager pathname=""/>
<JarScanner scanManifest="false"/>
</Context>

</Host>
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t &quot;%m %U%q %H&quot; %s %b %D &quot;%{Referer}i&quot; &quot;%{User-Agent}i&quot; &quot;%{jira.request.assession.id}r&quot;"/>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2018

You have edited the server.xml and introduced errors into it.  You will need to correct these. 

I'm not sure if your [...] in the middle indicates you've cut stuff out (where there could be more errors you've made), but just looking at the pasted stuff without it, you have failed to close a comment section in the block you've given us.

IT_Interne September 13, 2018

yes it's just comment. That's why I didn't post it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2018

Ok, so you just need to correct the other mistakes and ignore that bit.

Suggest an answer