Scrum Board Missing Issues from the CSV Import

muneet.bakshi July 14, 2020

I have imported data from Rally and as part of the import I had associated the issues to specific sprints. I have confirmed that the data was imported correctly and that the Sprint filed is populated correctly. I have also made sure that all the columns and statuses in my scrum board are configured correctly. What puzzles me is that I am not able to see some of the issues in the sprints. For example I had imported 24 items in sprint XYZ but I am only seeing 23 of them. The 24 item is missing in the backlog board but it is there in the project. The other annoying thing is that there is no good way to deal with historical data. Looks like I will have to Start and Complete the sprints manually unless folks can help me do this in an automated way somehow. Hoping someone can help me with this issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Hi @muneet.bakshi 

You are asking two questions: where is the missing item, and how to automate sprint start/completion.

For the missing item: please check your board filter to see if it is excluding the 24th issue somehow.  You can test this by using the filter in Issues and Filters to determine what is different about this item that is preventing its display.

For automating sprint start/completion: that is not a built-in feature for JIRA cloud. If you have one of the marketplace scripting add-ons, you may be able to automate that yourself.  You can search for examples of that here in the community posts.

Best regards,

Bill

muneet.bakshi July 14, 2020

Thanks for the response. I have checked the board filter and it is returning all items correctly. Just that some of the issues are missing in some of the sprints. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Thanks for that information...  If the filter returns all of the issues, the next thing to check is if the missing item has a status value which is not mapped to a column on the board.  You can check that by going to board settings, columns, and look for the status value.

You can also check if the board as a sub-filter set, under board settings, general.  Sub-filters help when you want to limit the items on a board while not impacting reporting.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events