SSO for Jira Service Desk Data Center ?

Yifat Naidik August 14, 2019

Is there a support out of the box or should I install a plug-in?

3 answers

0 votes
Ankit
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2019

Hi @Yifat Naidik ,

I work for miniOrange, one of the top marketplace vendor for SSO solutions.
You can check out our SSO app on the marketplace to set up SSO with JSD Datacenter. It's the most competitively priced app.

You can use the setup guides with different IDPs provided on the link below for seamless SSO configuration. These guides are available in the plugin as well.

https://plugins.miniorange.com/atlassian-jira-guides

If your Identity Provider is not in the list, just drop us an email at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or click on the Support/Feedback button in the plugin to raise a ticket. We'll get on a call to assist you with the setup.

Thanks,
Ankit

0 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

Hi @Yifat Naidik ,

Jon is right - if you want to authenticate (or even provision) your SD customers via SSO you need a plugin.

There is a variety of them on the marketplace - you find an overview via this search: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira-service-desk&query=saml

The Plugin we write does what you need and is the most installed one. 

Out of curiosity and to potentially give you more advice would you share a bit more about your environment? i.e. what Identity Provider(s) are you using?

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Full disclosure, I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor.

0 votes
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

Hi @Yifat Naidik 

JSD supports basic SAML for agent users out-of-the-box, but not for customers.

If you want completely password free Kerberos authentication for agents, SSO for both agents and customers or user provisioning features you need a plug-in.

Full disclosure: I work for Kantega SSO, one of the top SSO plug-in vendors. I am happy to help you setting up an optimal SSO solution in you JSD environment.

Regards,
Jon Espen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events