Require 2 values for Affected Version(s)

Charles Delaporte April 10, 2020

Hi,

When our testers creates a bug, I would like that they systematically indicate if this bug is present in the current and previous versions of our product. Something like "v20.2, v20.3" or "NOTv20.2, v20.3". i.e. entering "v20.3" is not good enough for me.

We are using the standard field "Affected Version(s)" and I would like to know if it is possible to enforce a control / post-function... that checks that the Affected Version(s) field has at least 2 values.

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2020

Hi,

You can do it using "Automation for Jira" available for free in your instance. You can also do it with any of the third-party apps like ScriptRunner, Jira Misc Workflow Extensions, etc. 

Regards,

Radhika

Charles Delaporte April 13, 2020

Hi Radhika,

Thank you for the advice.

"Automation for Jira" does not seem to be available for Jira Cloud.

I tried "Jira Misc Workflow Extensions" but the workflow validators are only applied when users transition the status of an existing issue, not when they create an issue. This does not work for me as I want to make this validation when creating the issue.

I did not try ScriptRunner has this seem to require coding skills.

Any other suggestion ?

Thanks

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

Hi Charles,

you can use JMWE to create a Validator that is applied during issue creation. Just add the Validator to the "Create Issue" transition (from the black dot to the initial status).

Charles Delaporte April 14, 2020

Thanks David, that works 
Have a great day :)

Suggest an answer