Repository not configured error

Andréas Kühne February 1, 2012

Hi,

I have followed the "Here be dragons" quest to integrate Jira and Fisheye (hosted on my own server). I am only using the starter versions and have download the latest Jira version and the latest fisheye version (not the version recommended by the guide). I have configured Jira to host my issues and Fisheye to connect to my externally hosted git repository which works.

I have also configured the application links, so that the applications seem to be talking to eachother (I am able to login with the jira username / password, so authentication works). My problem is when I try to add the "Fisheye recent changesets" gadget to my dashboard, I enter the repository name, and click on save. Beneath the repository name I get an error: "The specified FishEye repository is not configured"

I am not able to do anything more after that. The repository is not saved and the gadget doesn't work. I have also checked the logs of both applications and can't seem to find any errors.

I understand that this is probably an issue with the communication between the applications, but I don't know where to start looking.

// Andréas

7 answers

4 votes
David Welsh June 8, 2014

Allthough late to the party, for me in order to get FishEye Recent Changesets plugin to work I had to:

1. Click on 'Administration'
  2. Click on 'Repositories'
  3. For the 'Dragons' repository click on the 'Cog' to the righthand side and click 'Application Links'
  4. Click on 'Add Link' and select the Global Application link you configured to for Fisheye to JIRA
  5. Then enter :
    1. 'DRA' for the Key
    2. Select 'Yes, create a link from JIRA Project Dragons to Repository Dragons as well.'
    3. Click 'Create'

You can now configure the FishEye Recent Changesets Gadget that gets linked to the 'Dragons' repository.

This was using:

• JIRA 6.2.6
  • Fisheye 3.4.4
Azat Alimov September 22, 2015

Worked for me, thanks for the tip! The conclusion is that the repo will be shown on the gadget(fisheye-recent-commits-gadget) if it has a hard link to some project in JIRA. Has anybody submitted this to Atlassian support? I thought that the hard links necessity has been removed from JIRA fisheye plugin some time ago.

0 votes
Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2012

OK - I think I found the problem. I fixed it when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't see the source tab in my issues. I found this:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18918/fisheye-and-jira-integration-no-source-tab-in-jira

All I had to do was make sure the remote API was enabled in both JIRA and Fisheye, then delete and recreate my application links. After that, the source tab reappeared in the JIRA issues, and the gadgets started working perfectly.

0 votes
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2012

I'm getting the same behavior with Fisheye 2.6.0 and Jira v4.4 standalone with Fisheye plugin v3.4.10. The Fisheye Charts gadget works fine but the Fisheye Recent Changesets gadget fails, displaying the error message "The specified FishEye repository is not configured". Both gadgets are trying to contact the same Repository using the same path and the same credentials. Freaky, no?

0 votes
Ian White February 22, 2012

I'm getting the same issue here.

I have FishEye installed on the url (e.g) repositories.company.org and I can see the commits in the repository at repositories.company.org/changelog/CMS. The repository is on and running.

Setting up "FishEye Recent Changesets" widget in Jira I can see the FishEye URL is set correctly, but when I put "CMS" in the repository field I get "The specified FishEye repository is not configured"

Same with other FishEye widgets in Jira. Trusted applications (incoming and outgoing) on both URLs look fine. Is this known bug with these version numbers?

Atlassian JIRA (v4.4#649-r158309)
Atlassian FishEye analysis with Crucible code review. (Version:2.7.7 Build:20111118041540 2011-11-18)

Cheers

Ian

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2012

I can't get the Fisheye changesets or charts gadgets working either. I get the same Repository not configured error as everyone else, even though I can see all my commits in the activity stream in Jira. I'm running Jira 5.1 and Fisheye 2.7.15.

0 votes
Byron Briceno February 7, 2012

Facing the same situation. I can't make the changeset gadget to work. Tried all the suggestions, but when I try to set values in there I got that same message: "The specified FishEye repository is not configured"

0 votes
Andréas Kühne February 3, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, when I check the repository in Fisheye, it says running and checks the Git repository every now and then.

/ Andreás

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2012

If you look at Fisheye, does it appear to be polling the Git instance?

Suggest an answer