Regarding Relational Dropdown

Anik May 24, 2019

I want to Create Relational dropdowns as custom fields in Jira Service desk and Jira Software cloud. For Example , I have 3 fields (dropdown fields) called Department, Department Type and Department Sub Type. Now depending on department selection, department type Selection is there and depending on department Type, Department sub type list for dropdown will be displayed. Can this be done? in case it can be done with some plugin also let me know.

2 answers

0 votes
Austin July 15, 2019

I'm also looking for this same thing. It appears there are a few plugins for Server JIRA, but I can't find anything for Cloud, even a clever work-around would be nice. Anyone know of something that can work?

Anik July 23, 2019

The answer already mentioned. Only 2 cascading list is available by default. Nothing more.

0 votes
Deleted user May 24, 2019

If you create a custom field, there are cascading lists with multiple options, but this I think limits you to one subtype. You could have separate fields and make them dependent on the value of each parent, but that starts to get complicated.

Anik June 14, 2019

Can you please explain what you are trying to say, 

My scenario is simple. You select country, it shows you the list of cities in that country , then you select city it shows you the towns of that city, can we make this in jira cloud anyway?

Deleted user June 14, 2019

Like I said, cascading custom fields allow one subtype. In your simple scenario, You can select country, and then city. That's it with stock Jira. You would have to create another cascading multiple options field, with city, and then town. Of course, this isn't very practical since someone can pick different town not related to the city. 

Anik July 11, 2019

I know what is in stock with jira. I am asking for any plugin that will help to implement the  thing which i want?

Deleted user July 11, 2019

You asked for multiple cases which included plugins in your initial question, and didn't mention plugins in your follow up comment. You keep saying snarky stuff like "my scenario is simple" and "I know what is in stock with jira". If that's the case, why are you asking for help? I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this. Good luck in your search.

Anik July 11, 2019

I am asking for help which is beyond my knowledge. If something was there with built-in Jira cloud I wouldn't have asked for help. Moreover, I was not behaving with you in a rude tone. In case you got me wrong, I Apologise. 

Suggest an answer