Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Question about to invite external users and if they count as a another licence

Hello Atlassian Community! 

how are you? 

I have a question about external users that we can invite to access our Jira Board

If i invite external users to access my Jira Boards, would that consider the using of another licence from my plan?

i'm using the Standard plan

Thank you =)

1 answer

Generally the answer is yes, if you are working with a Software or Work Management project. For Service Management projects, you can enable access for Customers without consuming additional licenses, but the access of a Customer is much more limited and they would not be able to view an agile board for the project.

What type of project are you working with; Work Management, Software, or Service Management?

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Hello Trudy!
Thanks for take time to answer me.

i'm working with type: Company-managed software

So, does it change something by the type of project ?

just giving more details about the situation, 

they dont need have special access, i would like they just can move cards (storys, tasks, subtasks) on the board, comment and update status of cards

The method for managing access to and permissions for Company Managed projects differs from how they are managed for Team Managed projects.

Inviting a user to your JIRA system will consume another user license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

272 views 2 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you