Putting Control Chart and Cumulative Flow Diagram on Confluence

Joanna July 19, 2018

I have a Kanban board for my team in JIRA, but I need to display the Control Chart and the Cumulative Flow Diagram on Confluence. Is there a way to have both of those visuals activity updating on one Confluence page? What I mean is I know I could screen shot them and put them on one page but I don't want to have to update the pictures, I want them to update on their own on the page.  

3 answers

1 vote
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2020

Hi @Joanna ,

You could try our Great Gadgets app.

Two of the many dashboard gadgets included are the Control Chart gadget and Cumulative Flow Chart gadgets, which are based on a Jira filter and are fully customizable. They can be added in Confluence pages. 

See https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/great-gadgets-add-on/wiki/Home#!control-chart-gadget

image.png

CumulativeFlowDiagramGadget.png

Danut

David Patterson February 12, 2020

We're using the gadgets from Great Gadgets - love them! I cannot figure out how to make them available in Confluence though. Can you help?

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

Hi @David Patterson 

The gadgets can be used in Confluence only if you have Server / Data Center.

Please make sure that they are properly imported in Confluence. See the steps here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-bring-jira-and-jira-agile-reports-into-confluence-779163801.html

Once you import them, they should become available in Insert > Other Macros menu of the Confluence page editor.  

On Cloud this is not possible due to the fact that Confluence Cloud does not support yet importing gadgets from Jira apps:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-29055

For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

David Patterson February 13, 2020

Thank you @Danut M _StonikByte_  !

Super helpful, we were able to make the Great Gadgets available in our Confluence instance.

Was the Control Chart recently released? I don't recall seeing it when we purchased the gadgets last year.

Would love to see you all provide a Created vs Resolved chart and a Defects vs Released chart as well. Jira has created vs resolved, out-of-the-box but your gadgets are aesthetically superior.

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

Thanks @David Patterson !

Yes, the Control Chart was recently released. You could start watching our app in Marketplace if you want to stay informed about our releases. 

You can easily add a Created vs Resolved chart with the Release Burndown / Burnup Chart gadget. Just take a look at this example. 

CreatedVsResolved.jpg

Danut

1 vote
Jesse Katz August 13, 2019

Slightly less than ideal workaround: Use the Confluence iframe macro and insert the Cumulative Flow Diagram report from JIRA.

The top and sidebars take up a lot of space so I put it iframe in an expand macro to save space

Sarah Sherer August 14, 2019

Dose Iframes help a free macro? also if I do what you say will the chart automatically update?

Sarah Sherer August 14, 2019

When I said dose Iframe help a free macro, I meant is there already a free macro on confluence and getting Iframe would help that one. Or is Iframe just an individual macro? 

Jesse Katz August 15, 2019

iframe is a native macro (Docs).  Just put the JIRA report URL in it and adjust the height/width.

Sarah Sherer August 13, 2019

The link is only for cumulative flow diagrams on confluence not control? I trying to figure out control.

Suggest an answer