Projects archive with permission scheme doest not work, what now?

Isabella April 12, 2019

Hi, I am trying to archive/hide several projects.

We run jira in the Cloud.

I already tried: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/archiving-a-project-in-jira-server-950287459.html?_ga=2.255630152.1710381642.1555074231-1052036892.1555074231

I made a permission scheme just as described, but still in my browser list PLUS search list the projects appear... Is there ANY other way? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

If you're an administrator you will still see them so you can modify them. Regular users shouldn't be able to see them.  I don't know about the cloud, but there is a problem with one release were the admins can still see them when not in admin mode. 

Isabella April 12, 2019

Ah. I am indeed an adminstrator. I will check if other users can still see the project. If not, i will accept your answer as solved.

P.s. there is no way administrators can't see it?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

no. admins will always see unless you delete it (not a good idea IMO). Remember, as an admin, you can login as another user to test what they can/cannot see.

Like Isabella likes this
Isabella April 14, 2019

Thank you both for your time and helpfull answer. 

Suggest an answer