Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Project Limitations

People, I need help! I've searched everywhere, but I cannot find info about the max number of projects one company can make in Standard or Premium plan, and how many participants a company can add to the project? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John M Funk Community Leader May 11, 2021

Hi Anna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I don't believe there is a limit - other than performance will suffer at some point. What kinds of numbers are we talking about? 

1) how many projects at the same time a company can create and maintain? 

2) how many people can take part in one project? 

when I checked the pricing list, it said 10,000 users for 1 site, but, I guess, that is not the number that I need to know

Like Sergey Moskalev likes this

Roughly, how many of each of those will you need to be able to do? 

My company has 80 employees with around 250-300 projects per month, but that's not the point here. At the moment I make a comparative table named Jira vs Ftrack to prove to my boss that Jira is better as we are searching for a new platform now :)  Ftrack points that they have an endless number of projects and participants, and says nothing about the max number of active projects and active participants. And I cannot find this info about Jira

Hi @Anna Gulina 

There's no limit to the number of project creation you can have on Jira. Also there's no limit on the number of collaboration your user can have on one project or multiple projects. Your Jira users collaboration depends on how many licenses you can purchase. On the other side if you use JSM for customer only accounts that doesn't come with a define limit on the user count, so you can create as much as possible. The downside of all these just rest on the "performance" as @John M Funk  has pointed out. Once it gets too large and "too large" i'm referring in the numbers of 20K over projects with more than 2 - 10 million issues or more.

Like # people like this

You can have 10,000 users per site, but you can have multiple sites if needed. So it's pretty much unlimited in that way as well. It's pretty much whatever you can afford. 

I think I might have heard at Team '21 conference that the site limit might be going to 25,000 users. 

Projects are unlimited as Prince says. 

Like Anna Gulina likes this

Thanks for the good news! :)

Like John M Funk likes this

Hi @Anna Gulina 

In addition to the other responses, please note there are storage limits for the different license levels.  So even if you do not hit the project or licensed user limit, you could hit the storage one.  Please see this page for more information: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Best regards,

Bill

Like Anna Gulina likes this

How many employees can work in one project, before the performance suffers?

John M Funk Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

There's not really a system limit. You will experience functional problems long before you experience system problems with too many people working on a single project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,088 views 34 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you