Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project Limitations

People, I need help! I've searched everywhere, but I cannot find info about the max number of projects one company can make in Standard or Premium plan, and how many participants a company can add to the project? 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader May 11, 2021

Hi Anna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I don't believe there is a limit - other than performance will suffer at some point. What kinds of numbers are we talking about? 

1) how many projects at the same time a company can create and maintain? 

2) how many people can take part in one project? 

when I checked the pricing list, it said 10,000 users for 1 site, but, I guess, that is not the number that I need to know

Roughly, how many of each of those will you need to be able to do? 

My company has 80 employees with around 250-300 projects per month, but that's not the point here. At the moment I make a comparative table named Jira vs Ftrack to prove to my boss that Jira is better as we are searching for a new platform now :)  Ftrack points that they have an endless number of projects and participants, and says nothing about the max number of active projects and active participants. And I cannot find this info about Jira

Prince Nyeche Community Leader May 11, 2021

Hi @Anna Gulina 

There's no limit to the number of project creation you can have on Jira. Also there's no limit on the number of collaboration your user can have on one project or multiple projects. Your Jira users collaboration depends on how many licenses you can purchase. On the other side if you use JSM for customer only accounts that doesn't come with a define limit on the user count, so you can create as much as possible. The downside of all these just rest on the "performance" as @John Funk  has pointed out. Once it gets too large and "too large" i'm referring in the numbers of 20K over projects with more than 2 - 10 million issues or more.

Like Anna Gulina likes this

You can have 10,000 users per site, but you can have multiple sites if needed. So it's pretty much unlimited in that way as well. It's pretty much whatever you can afford. 

I think I might have heard at Team '21 conference that the site limit might be going to 25,000 users. 

Projects are unlimited as Prince says. 

Thanks for the good news! :)

Like John Funk likes this

Hi @Anna Gulina 

In addition to the other responses, please note there are storage limits for the different license levels.  So even if you do not hit the project or licensed user limit, you could hit the storage one.  Please see this page for more information: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

167 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you