Project Archiving in JIRA Server

Geraint Llewelyn September 4, 2018

Hi

I note that Archiving of projects is introduced within JIRA 7.10 for DATA Centre Only

Is there any sign of it for JIRA Server? 

Also, i am doing a comparison with Cloud, does Cloud include archiving?

Archiving means hiding old projects from project lists, not just hiding them behind permissions or similar. The way it works in Data Centre is ideal.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Hi! 

Feel free to use it in Server release in 7.12

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-a-project-938847621.html

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Geraint Llewelyn September 4, 2018

Thank you, we are on 7.9, so i will seek to upgrade. Appreciated.

Geraint Llewelyn September 27, 2018

We upgraded to 7.12 and realised that this feature is still not available sadly. Looking at the link you supplied, its only on Data Centre. 

Do you know when it may be available in Server?

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2019

For anyone still looking into options to archive issues and projects on both Jira Server and Data Center, I collected the currently available Jira archiving options here.

Feel free to share with whoever is interested!

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hi Geraint,

For your follow-up question, it's not possible in Cloud, but we do have a feature request for it:

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer