Project Admin Users & Roles page is blank.

Kevin Paulus February 18, 2021

Project Leads/members of Administrators role of some(not all) projects are reporting that their project's Users & Roles page is blank.  The Extended Project Permissions is enabled with all prerequisites met , and the project permission for Administer project includes the Administrator role.  I have seen via Zoom that except for the headers & left side column,  the Users & roles section of the page is blank.   This was working previously and I can't point to a definitive time or event when this started to occur.  I do not see this problem when logged in as a system administrator.  I have also tested settings with a dummy user account -- and do not see this issue.

Am I missing something?
Has anyone else experienced this?
Where in Jira Server 8.10 would I begin to look for possible causes? 

3 answers

0 votes
Florian Schomakers August 31, 2023

@Kevin Paulus did you find a solutions for this?

We facing this too for a long time now (2021/2022) but was not able to figure it out.
We have a workaround to use a local jira account as all LDAP Synced accounts have this issue.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2021

Hi Kevin,

have you had a look into atlassian-jira.log if there is an error logged (would need help of the person having access to the operating system of the server mostly if you want to observe "live" what the log file shows when an user clicks on "Users & Roles").

Other than that I am wondering if there are any Apps installed that interfere with some of the project in this matter. During off-business hours you could try to disable them and re-test, or, even put Jira into safe-mode where all Apps will be disabled temporarily.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Kevin Paulus February 19, 2021

UPDATE:  The condition is reproduced using Internet Explorer on Windows 10.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events