Prevent a user to execute a transition

ITQM July 11, 2019

Hi,

I have a workflow with two transitions : Implemented and Reviewed.

I have a user group G that contains 5 users.

I added a condition on both transitions for users who belongs to the Group G only can execute those transitions.

Now I face a problem : I need to prevent the user who executed the transition Implemented to execute the transition Reviewed (only 4 users now can execute the reviewed transition).

Can you advice please?

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

You should use the Jira Misc Worflow Extenion (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions). here is how it can be implemented:

JMWE.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

Hello,

I think you would need an add-on for it like Power Scripts, ScriptRunner, Automation for Jira, MyGroovy, Groovioly, JWME and so on.

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2019

@imalex is correct. There are a lot of different plugins that can support this. I would probably recommend that you look at JSU, JMWE and JWT first. Those are all solid collections of conditions, validators and post-functions that can be useful in many different situations. Note, I have no vested interest in any of these.

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2019

The answer depends on what version of Jira you are running. If you in the Cloud, you can create a custom field to hold the user who executed the Implemented Transition. Then create a condition on Reviewed that the user cannot appear in that custom field.

If you are on Server, you will need a plug in to accomplish this using the same technique. 

ITQM July 11, 2019

Thank you for your answer.

I am on server, do you recommend any plug in ?

Suggest an answer