Post Function Transition in Workflow - setting future date

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2018

I am trying to control the execute of a transition based on the value in a custom date field being less than a future date. See the screen print for the current configuration that I have, but this does not work.

If I change it to String, it allows the transition but doesn't keep the execution from happening if the date is more than 6 months out. 

I have a feeling that I have something wrong with the syntax for the "Value" field. We have JMWE but that doesn't see to apply to Conditions like it does for Post Functions. 

Help is appreciated!

Condition Date Transition.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2018

All,

I ended up putting in a support ticket. We were able to get accomplished what I wanted by using a Validator for the transition. Shout out to Ricardo Gebhardt for his excellent assistance!

John

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

Hello,

That jql expression works as startOfMonth("+3") on issue search. Maybe you can try using like this? 

I'm not sure jql expressions work on value field condition but you can give it a try.

Regards.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

Yes, it works on issue search, but not in the transition condition of the workflow. 

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2018

Hello,

I'm not sure that works at all, since it says specifically on the info "for date fields use these formats". There is no indication that this format would work on JSU documentation either. 

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JSUTIL/pages/786626/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowConditions-ValueFieldCondition

Maybe someone from JSU can help, or you can try to open a support request from them. 

Regards,

Suggest an answer