Planned vs Actual test cases

Abdelrahman Alfawaier April 18, 2024

Hello, is there any way to generate planned vs actual executed test cases as percentage gadget?

I am using zephyr scale as test management plugin for Jira

2 answers

0 votes
Abdelrahman Alfawaier April 20, 2024

@Andy Barbet 

Hello, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

If I have a test case that planned end date is 28/4/2024 and it have 70 test cases

if I reached 25/4 with 60 test cases that are executed, will the gadgets you suggested calculate the lag (percentage of test cases remaining) and show it in dashboard?

0 votes
Andy Barbet April 19, 2024

Hi.  Yes, this is possible.  Before I answer, I recommend you also consider using SmartBear's user led community for Zephyr Scale, here: Zephyr Scale Community - you will receive answers from actual users of the system, and I'm very active in that community.

Here are some examples of dashboard gadgets that show in row 1: % of test cases completed* vs. not completed. *Completed means a result other than Not Executed.  And in row 2: two flavours of donut charts showing results by execution status - one in %, the other in numbers.  There are other options out there that may also suit.

deleteme1.png

Abdelrahman Alfawaier April 20, 2024

@Andy Barbet 

Hello, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

If I have a test case that planned end date is 28/4/2024 and it have 70 test cases

if I reached 25/4 with 60 test cases that are executed, will the gadgets you suggested calculate the lag (percentage of test cases remaining) and show it in dashboard?

Andy Barbet April 22, 2024

The planned start and end dates are fields that can be used in the filter for those gadgets so if used, I presume they would work, but I've not tried it.

Abdelrahman Alfawaier April 22, 2024

@Andy Barbet Thank you.

I did try your suggested answer, but the dates won't be showing on the dashboard is there any way to display them?

Andy Barbet April 29, 2024

@Abdelrahman Alfawaier sorry, only just read your message.

Unfortunately not.  The only way which I'm sure you know, is to manually add the dates to the gadget title or caption (if one is available).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events