Permissions

Nefertiti Stokes January 18, 2012

I need to set some visibility restrcitions for a certain group or individual(s). Let's say I have 15 projects and I have 3 temporary consultants who I want to have permission to view only 2 out of the 15 projects. Within those projects they will be able to create issues, responsd, comment, etc..., but again only to those 2 projects. How do I do this?

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

Basically you want to make sure that the project roles and default project roles are setup so that outside people don't have permissions to use a default project.

Initially JIRA will have a jira-users setup to have permission to a new project. But you want to take that out and use another group, say company-users as having the default use project role.

Then when you have a project you do want them to, you can use the individual project role admin to give say a group called external-users access to

The key is to make sure that what ever default settings you have, these don't let external people in.

See the documentation here - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Managing+Project+Role+Membership

Also search around answers for other permission related topics as I know it's been answered a few times before

Suggest an answer