Permission on trasition

Consuelo Nicoli April 1, 2024

Hello everyone,
I created a rule on the transition: the ticket can only change status if the "Code impact" field is not empty. If the field is empty I can no longer move it (correct), but I cannot move it to the next state even if I fill in the field. As per the image it says "You don't have permission to transition this issue".
Could you help me please?

aaaaa.png

3 answers

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2024

There's a lot of information that I would need in order to determine a root cause, but the first thing I would check would be to disable the rule and see if the behavior persists. If so, then clearly there's something specific to the rule that is causing the problem. If not, I have other questions:

Do you have any other related Automation rules?

Does your user have the 'Transition Issues' permission on the permission scheme used by that project?

Are there any other conditions/validators on the workflow transition itself?

Consuelo Nicoli April 2, 2024

If I disable the rule the transition works.

There aren't any other rule on transition in the workflow and there aren't any automation.

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Consuelo Nicoli 

Welcome to our Community.

Please show us your screenshot of workflow configuration. It seems you might have incorrect configuration to the condition (=? contains? I am not sure if no screenshot).

Thanks,

YY哥

Here the screenshot of the workflow

Screenshot 2024-04-01 175951.png

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Consuelo Nicoli 

do you have two transitions to the status [To Test]? please go to [test disapproved] and see the condition (a screenshot) please.

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Maybe caused by this rule:

image.png

Yes, I have two transition:

• one from "deployed  on dev" to "to test" (transition ready for test)
  • one from "to test" to "deployed on dev" (transition test disapproved)

Only the second one has rule transiction.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 081449.pngScreenshot 2024-04-02 081420.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Hi Consuelo,

Are there other rules on the transition? Especially one involving permissions? Can you share of screenshot of the rules? 

Hi John,

here the screenshot of the workflow

Screenshot 2024-04-01 175951.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Okay, that looks fine - thanks for sharing. The error says it is a permissions problem. So does the user have permissions to transition issues? Is this the same user that transitioned the issue to its current status? 

One test is to remove the current rule and then test again to see if  you get the same error. 

If I remove the rule transition I can move the ticket from one state to another.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

So the problem is with the rule recognizing the value in the field. Put the rule back in please. Then we can test further. 

How are you populating the value in the field? Are you typing it in and saving it first and then doing the transition? Or are you populating the field with a screen as a part of the transition? 

Consuelo Nicoli April 2, 2024

The rule requires that to carry out the transition the "Code impact" field must be filled in. This is a text type field.

First you fill in the field and then you can do the transition.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2024

So you fill in the field and save it. 

Then you click on the Status drop down at the top and try to change the status after that. Is that what is happening? 

If yes, maybe save the value in the field for testing and then go back out to the board and try dragging the card to the next column. 

Like Consuelo Nicoli likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events