Notification mail is not sent.

Okan Boncukcu April 21, 2021

Hi, I could not receive any notification mail from Jira. Please help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Okan Boncukcu 

Welcome to the community where your peers try to provide you with assistance. 

You need to take a logical approach to troubleshooting the non-receipt of emails.  Working through a path that enables you to focus on where the issue may lie. 

Here is a simple path to get you started. 

Q1. Are you receiving any emails from Jira?

If yes - then proceed to Q3

Q2. Is your email address correct in Jira?

Q2a. Have you checked your spam folder?

Q2b. Are colleagues receiving email from Jira?

Q3. Is the problem only for certain projects? 

If for all projects do they all share the same notification scheme?

Review the notification scheme associated with these projects. 

Following an approach like this will enable you to identify what is causing the issue. 

Phill

Hi Phill, I can not receive any email.

I checked my spams, there is no mail.

My colleagues receive mail properly.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Here are a couple of additional things to check. 

1. Is your email address correct? Check your profile and make sure that it is correctly entered.

2. What differences are there between yourself and the colleague who receives the emails. Do you need to change/add any group membership?

In my profile mail adress is OK.

• My setting in profile is same with my colleague who receive notifications. Please check my settings below.
  • image_2021-04-21_133604.png 
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Ok the next thing to check is your notification schemes for the projects and check which groups/roles you and your colleague are both in, this may help you identify the difference. 

Okan Boncukcu April 23, 2021

How can I check my notification schemes for the projects ? Just I need to know where is this setting?

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

You will find the notification schemes in the project settings. 

But you can build the url using this

<yourdomain>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/<project key>/notifications

replacing yourdomain and project key with the appropriate values. 

Phill

Okan Boncukcu April 26, 2021

Hi Phill

I could not find correct project name to write. We have only one project which name is "HelpDesk". I faced with invalid url when I type "HelpDesk"  as project name. 

image_2021-04-26_115004.png

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

HI @Okan Boncukcu  I can see from your screenshot that your project key is CSR so the URL becomes

onetech.prod.sgre.one/plugins/servlet/project-config/CSR/notifications

Hi @Phill Fox I tried this link but it did not worked. 

image_2021-04-26_132350.png

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

@Okan Boncukcu 

I assumed that you have administrator permissions. Looking again at your sceenshot it is possible that I made a wrong assumption on that.
If you do not have the administrator role you will not be able to access this page.  And you will need to reach out to your instance administrator for help.

Assuming you do have the administrator role you can also access the notifications page by following these steps. 

1. Click on administrator cog (top right)

2. Select projects

3. Use the search to find your CSR project

4. Click on project name

5. Click on notifications link in left hand menu.

Thanks @Phill Fox ,

So we need to be admin for set notifications. It is more clear now.

0 votes
Cheked Denis July 5, 2021

Hi, one of my employees is not getting post notifications. Filters are not configured. The spam folder is empty. The mail just doesn't come. can you help?

Suggest an answer