Not seeing a project 'Summary' in Jira Software

D. Brunk November 20, 2018

I am not seeing any type of project summary as described in the URL below.  I was expecting to see "Summary" above the Boards.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/viewing-a-project-765593099.html

I would like users without project administrator privileges to be able to view the URL and description of at project.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 4.27.45 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

Hi Douglas,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

The project summary is only available for business type projects, not for Software projects.

D. Brunk November 21, 2018

Is there any way to show Software project information to users who don't have edit privileges on the project data like URL or the description?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

If they have access to Jira you can create a dashboard that shows the information. Currently it is not possible to make a dashboard public outside of Jira, there is a request to have that functionality, JRACLOUD-68499.

D. Brunk November 21, 2018

Thanks!

1 vote
Juliane Matern
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 2, 2023

Hi, so the answer above is 5 years old. By now, would it be possible that the project summary is available for business type projects AND for Software projects? looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2023

Hi @Juliane Matern

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

No, Software projects still do not have a summary dashboard similar to Work Management projects, but there are ways around it like creating a dashboard and link it in the project.

Like Sławomir Pociecha likes this

Suggest an answer