Not mandatory field causes issues.

tifonas-katrina February 8, 2018

Hi,

On bug I can request a HF(custom issue type).

When I click on approve a HF, from bug a clone is created with the same fields but with issue type HF. 

For Bugs and HotFixes(custom issue type) the "Epic Link" field is not mandatory. 

If "Epic Link" is not field, the HF is not created. Why is this happening? I have checked all transaction and epic link is not referred anywhere.

Regards,

Katerina

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

Are you sure the HF doesn't share a field configuration with the Epic issue type in your Field Configuration Scheme? 

tifonas-katrina February 8, 2018

Hey Kyle,

Affirmative.

No shared config between HF and Epic

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

I know you said you checked transitions, but are you 100% positive there is no 'Field Required' validator on any transition (including Create) for the new issuetype? Do Bug and HotFix share the same workflow?

tifonas-katrina February 10, 2018

yeap

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2018

Can you add a screenshot of the error?

tifonas-katrina February 11, 2018

After performing a full re-index, it seem that it works fine.

Thanks for trying to resolve this,

Katerina

Suggest an answer