Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No Matches when trying to change Project Lead from inactive user

I cannot change the main Project lead from a former inactive user to myself or anyone else.  I am a Jira admin as well as another user and it keeps populating "No Matches Found" no matter what I type in the box.

Need this fixed ASAP as my integrations do not function.

2 answers

Jeremy,

is it an older Jira instance?

There used to be a bug <7.3

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 06, 2019

Hi Jeremy and welcome to the community. First, I wanted to let you know that the Community is primarily made up of users like yourself and as such we can't really fix anything if it is indeed broken.

That asside, are you on Cloud? How are you trying to change the project lead? I assume you are going to project > project settings > detail? If you are unable to change there because the current lead is inactive try making them active again temporarily - Jira settings > User management, search for the user under Inactive users and make active. 

We are on cloud, making that user active did not change the behavior.  I am a full site admin and this is causing significant pain in changing this for all of our projects.

Jack Community Leader Jun 06, 2019

can you share the screenshot of where you are trying to change this? I assume you are trying to enter the new username. does the username show up?

No users show up no matter what I am searching for, this is the same behavior in all projects in my account.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 12.49.43 PM.png

Looks like a problem with your Browse Users global permission.

Thanks for this info, and this is the dumbest setting that exist and is nearly impossible to find.  A Site Admin should supersede all of these settings, utterly ridiculous it took this long to figure out.

Jeremy, it might seem as a strange setting but it's useful when your Jira instance is accessible externally. Whoever you grant the Browse Users global permission can see everyone else!

Glad you got it fixed ⭐️

Like Jack likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,496 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you