No Matches when trying to change Project Lead from inactive user

Jeremy Black June 6, 2019

I cannot change the main Project lead from a former inactive user to myself or anyone else.  I am a Jira admin as well as another user and it keeps populating "No Matches Found" no matter what I type in the box.

Need this fixed ASAP as my integrations do not function.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

Hi Jeremy and welcome to the community. First, I wanted to let you know that the Community is primarily made up of users like yourself and as such we can't really fix anything if it is indeed broken.

That asside, are you on Cloud? How are you trying to change the project lead? I assume you are going to project > project settings > detail? If you are unable to change there because the current lead is inactive try making them active again temporarily - Jira settings > User management, search for the user under Inactive users and make active. 

We are on cloud, making that user active did not change the behavior.  I am a full site admin and this is causing significant pain in changing this for all of our projects.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

can you share the screenshot of where you are trying to change this? I assume you are trying to enter the new username. does the username show up?

No users show up no matter what I am searching for, this is the same behavior in all projects in my account.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 12.49.43 PM.png

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

Looks like a problem with your Browse Users global permission.

Thanks for this info, and this is the dumbest setting that exist and is nearly impossible to find.  A Site Admin should supersede all of these settings, utterly ridiculous it took this long to figure out.

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

Jeremy, it might seem as a strange setting but it's useful when your Jira instance is accessible externally. Whoever you grant the Browse Users global permission can see everyone else!

Glad you got it fixed ⭐️

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2019

Jeremy,

is it an older Jira instance?

There used to be a bug <7.3

Suggest an answer