No Automation

ksdfg December 12, 2020

I have just created a new Jira Cloud Server, but I don't see automation anywhere. The system app is not installed, and the automation section from the settings is completely missing.

Screenshot_2020-12-13 Jira Configuration - Jira.png

# Edit

I think a lot of people are getting confused by the dark mode - it's just my darkreader extension :) I am on Jira Cloud, not on a server

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2020

Automation is built into Cloud but not for Server. You can purchase Automation for Jira app for server. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2020

There is a "light" version which is free, but does a lot less.  It's more than a trial, but not as powerful as the paid Automation 

ksdfg December 13, 2020

Let me assure you this is not a privately hosted server.... I'm on Jira Cloud only.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2020

I was unsure because I saw “Jira Cloud Server”. 

now the image you show is from the main admin area. Can you look under any project and the project settings to see if you find Automation. 

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2020

Although quite heavily disguised in dark mode, this does look like cloud to me guys. I don't see issues or boards in the menu up there.

Having said that, automation should normally be on the page you showed a screenshot from, on the bottom left below Lexorank management. That could be a bug or a temporary glitch.

You could try to access the automation rules through this url directly: yourinstance.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/cb-jira-automation-rules

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2020

Talking about dark mode / as this is a feature still in the works (JRACLOUD-63150) - where did you get the screenshot from?

ksdfg December 13, 2020

Yes, this is Jira Cloud. The dark mode is just me using the darkreader extension to force all websites into dark mode :) it works pretty well for most sites, including Jira.

I tried visiting the link, but it just gives a small popup at the bottom that some problem has occured.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2020

Well, there seems to be something wrong with your site then. It's best you reach out to Atlassian support directly for that.

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2020

I jira server, there is a separate app section in which you can install new apps and see the installed ones.

Think it also exists in cloud.

can you install it manual?

ksdfg December 13, 2020

I don't see any app for cloud...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2020

You won't do, you're on server.

ksdfg December 13, 2020

I'm on Jira Cloud, since I havent done anything to host this anywhere...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events