Next-Gen project roadmap task due date visualization

Kiran Vemuri February 18, 2020

In the Next-Gen project, under the roadmap section, currently I can visualize the start and due dates for Epics. When I expand the Epic, I can see a list of tasks and their states. 

But if we add due dates to the tasks, is there a way to visualize that in the expanded view? 

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hello Kiran,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using the roadmap, currently we can only see the date range for epics. The option to expand and show the child issues were released recently and it's not possible to show their date range in the roadmap.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Kiran Vemuri February 20, 2020

Thanks Angélica. Voted on that feature request. :)

Like # people like this
Mehmet Arikkan December 8, 2021

Is there an update on this feature?

0 votes
Winston Blick March 24, 2021

Hi @Lewis Kite@Kiran Vemuri on the Jira marketplace you'll find Productboard which is a dedicated product management system with roadmapping capabilities.

It allows you to add both epics and tasks to your roadmaps and specify timelines for both.

Some additional benefits:

- Create a high-level product roadmap that can be shared with all your colleagues, not just product & engineering

- Easily manage many product roadmaps (based off the same underlying data, so all automatically stay up-to-date)

- Instantaneously filter roadmaps to see just the features that matter to a given customer or customer segment, based on actual feedback you've received

- Enjoy more capabilities to help you prioritize what goes on the roadmap in the first place

- A two-way integration with Jira supports seamless workflows between both systems

All in all, a great complement to Jira! Check it out if that sounds like that would address your need.

Bruce Anderson August 10, 2021

Right now I am only looking to add dates to the sub tasks on the roadmap so it may be a bit of overkill for now, but thanks for the suggestion.

Suggest an answer