New users didn't receive an invitation

Manuel Bonomelli September 28, 2022

Hi, 

We created new email addresses (outlook.com) but when we added the email as users in Confluence they didn't receive an email invitation. I suspect the

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2022

Hi,

I found several users appear to have been invited before their mailbox was setup.  This causes our systems to get back a bounce message from your email server, like so:

550 5.5.0 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (S2017062302). [BN8NAM12FT065.eop-nam12.prod.protection.outlook.com]

In turn we have to then unsuppress these addresses so that these users can receive invitations again.  I have done that for the users I can see on your site now.  Please resend the invitations for any user that have not yet received them yet.  They should be able to now, provided your mail server has their mailboxes setup to accept these messages now.

Andy

Hi,

problem solved! now the users received the invitation email.

Thank you!

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Manuel Bonomelli 

Does it happen to everyone one or only one user ?

Quite often there is a rule on the user side in outlook to delete/move emails from Jira automatically because they have been "spammed" by a Jira instance in the past.

If it happens to only 1 user I would check on his personal outlook configuration.

Regards 

Hi,

it happened to the majority of the users.

I verified one case and I didn't find the email neither in the Junk Email folder nor in the Deleted Items folder.

Suggest an answer