New to JIRA & trying to set up my create issues template for my project

Ava Mendoza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2019

HI, I am new, and first let me say I totally recognize that I am cheating and taking the quick way to solve my problem. 

1. i have a JIRA project, and I want to set up my "form" when my team clicks create. 
  2. i have very specific things i want to include in drop downs as issues they are reporting
  3. i want to remove the Story option from the drop down, and be sure issue is always there, sometimes it's not. 
  4. Can i pick people to choose from as assignees (would love a drop down with names in the system) or does my team always have to manually type? 

thanks for any help. i basically want to customize my create form & can't figure out how. 

i do have 3 pie charts set up on my dashboard successfully displaying Resolution/status/asignee

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hello Ava, 

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Regarding your topics:

2. I have very specific things i want to include in drop downs as issues they are reporting

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on this? What kind of things you are trying to add in your create forms?

As you may know, you can create Custom Fields to properly add relevant information that is not present in your issues. You can create checklists, drop-down lists and several other types with all the options you want.

About system fields that are existent on JIRA (Priority, issue types, resolutions), you can also add/remove options from it as you want on the fields menu. Let me know if you need help with any specific field.

3. I want to remove the Story option from the drop down, and be sure issue is always there, sometimes it's not

I believe you are talking about the issue type that you must first select when you create your issue like in the screenshot below, is it correct?

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 18.46.50.png

To add/remove issue types from your project, you must navigate to your project > Click on Project settings > Issue types > Edit issue types > Drag and drop the issue types you would like to use, choosing a default one:

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 18.47.06.png 

4. Can I pick people to choose from as assignees (would love a drop down with names in the system) or does my team always have to manually type? 

The assignee field usually has a drop-down to choose the user and also allow you to type it, as in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 18.49.39.png

That been said, can you please provide us with the JIRA Version that you are using?

Let me know if this information is useful, Ava.

Suggest an answer