New UI Update: Acceptance Criteria

Theo Levene September 4, 2018

The new UI update for tickets has hidden the Acceptance Criteria on the sidebar where it is difficult to edit and view. This is unacceptable, as a Product Owner i need the Acceptance Criteria front and center every day when I am working on editing tickets. I am confident my engineers will barely glance at my AC's now that they are hardly visible on the ticket. 

I should be able to see all the acceptance criteria front-and-center on a ticket, without needing to scroll through a tiny section on a sidebar. This is a very problematic UI update, I know I can go back to the old view for now but if this becomes a forced change it would be a serious issue. Please do not go with this UI change to tickets, I'm begging you.

2 answers

0 votes
Susan Roe September 27, 2018

We use a separate tab for acceptance criteria (created new field and added to my project Screen Under a new tab)

Screenshot_1.png

0 votes
Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hi Theo, 

We are actively working on improving the new JIRA issue view and you will be able to track on the changes here: Option to configure Issue Detail View in board in JIRA new layout.

We'll pass on your feedback to the bug fix team. While we'd love to say this will be fixed soon, we're unable to give an estimate for fix as our bug fix team need to do an initial assessment and then prioritise the issue against our current backlog. If you want to be updated on the progress, feel free to add yourself as a watcher to the bug report.

Hope this helps.

- Syauqi

Theo Levene September 5, 2018

This doesn't totally make sense because it seems like an intentional change and not a bug, there's a banner message at the top of the page claiming "We're updating this issue to help you get more done. Learn More", with an option to return to the old view; that does not seem like a bug to me, and I think the team needs to consider rolling back this unwanted feature ASAP. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events