New JIRA - How to edit worklogs of others?

Lobke Mertens March 15, 2019

Since a couple of weeks I have the new JIRA lay-out.

Before, the tempo plugin would appear on the main page of an item (bug, task, …) and I could see a list of all worklogs that were registered on the given item, per worklog.

I also have the permission to edit, remove, split and move the worklogs of myself and co-workers, which I actually do every end of the month when creating various budgetreports and as a consequence, correcting worklogs. 

However, now I do not even find the worklogs? 

I only see this TEMPO 'thingie' at the right and if I click it open, I only see the general time tracking and number of hours per collaborator.

Does anyone know how I can still edit, remove, or move the separate worklogs that were registered by my co-workers (and myself)?

Thank you,

Lobke

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Hi @Lobke Mertens ,

You should be able to view the Tempo Panel also in the issue view, with the option to select to view only your own worklogs or all worklogs on the issue ( dependent on your permissions).

In case the Tempo panel is not visible in any issue, can you please create a ticket for this in our Tempo support (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) so we can better investigate this problem.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Lobke Mertens March 18, 2019

Hey Susanne,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm actually still seeing the Tempo Panel in the OLD issue view. It also seems completely random when I get the old or new view, so I cannot decide on back to the old view to make the modifications.

Or am I not looking in the right place? (I've added an example in attachment)example.png

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Hi @Lobke Mertens ,

Thank you for the screenshot. 

In this view, you will need to enable the Tempo panel in the "main" view by using the "..." dropdown under the issue summary. Select Tempo to make the panel visible in the Issue ( see also https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/221544495/About+Tempo+in+the+new+Jira+issue+view+changes+to+Jira)

The new Issue view is used on all Business and Next-gen projects, but Software projects can still show the "old" issue view (check the settings in "Personal settings" when clicking on your user-avatar)

Regards,
Susanne

Lobke Mertens March 18, 2019

Thank you very much!!

mark.corrigan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 11, 2020

Hi can anyone assist me.

We have just moved across to Jira SaaS version.

My developers cannot view the Tempo panel / Edit own Worklogs.

Yet I (Admins) am able to do this.

Please can someone explain how to sort out this problem.

I have added the developer group to the Edit Own Worklogs yet they remain unable to do / see what I can per below.

Kind regards.

Mark Corrigan.

Tempo.JPG

0 votes
Aasha Kathamuthu March 21, 2019

Hi,  

please go to project permissions - Tempo permission - "View worklog for other" - add the role or group to view the worklogs.

Suggest an answer