Need to revert accounts to be unmanaged account as we cannot verify our domain

Owain Roberts March 11, 2024

We seem to be in a stuck state at the minute.

All our accounts state they are a 'managed account'.
But we are unable to verify our domain, and don't want to, because we are a small business unit within a larger company - who own the domain.

Every help guide seems to focus on getting our domain verified - I can't seem to find a way to revert our configuration so that we are back to being 'unmanaged accounts'.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hi @Owain Roberts 

i wonder how the Accounts went into "managed" state in the first place as the "Verify domain" window doesn't let you "save" before the setup is done.

Certainly something for the official Atlassian Support. The question has been tagged accordingly, but best try to open a case with the official support as they can access your Org (if you allow so). Atlassian Support

3 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2024

Hi @Owain Roberts 

I can see that your domain has already been claimed.  As such the organization administrators will control which accounts on that verified domain will be managed accounts.   It is possible for one of those org admins to unclaim your account, but it is at their discretion to do so.

Unclaim accounts has steps that the org admin could follow to unmanage specific accounts on that domain if they wish.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events