Need to report on issues that move from one project to another (track key changes).

Penelope Vandt April 15, 2013

Need to report on issues that move from one project to another (track key changes). How do I do that?

Ex: Issue reported as XYZ-123 and user moves it to ABC-5. I need to be able to query for all moves that occured that day and report out on them.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hey Penelope,

This is not possible in JIRA out of the box which is what you are using in OnDemand. If you were behind the firewall, you may be able to get this data via a SQL query. The reason why this is not possible is because the project field does not allow the "was in" operator per: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-Project

Cheers,
Boris

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2013

JQL Tricks plugin (paid) has a movedIssues function which can be used for this.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

As @Boris said, this won't be possible on JIRA onDemand though. I didn't notice the tag. Custom plugins are not allowed on onDemand.

Penelope Vandt April 22, 2013

Thanks for the insight. I will look into this for a work around.

Penelope Vandt April 22, 2013

ok...thanks.

Calvin Chen April 8, 2015

this function seems to track an issue that's moved between any project, is there a way to track whether an issue was moved between specific projects?

Suggest an answer