Need to integrate JIRA on Cloud with BIRT BI tool.

Aman Bhatnagar April 24, 2015

Hi All,

We need to integrate our JIRA on Cloud system with BIRT BI tool. I have tried to do so by using different options available at BIRT's end but have not been successful. Is there anything available with JIRA/Altassian that can help in this case.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Aman

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2015

Whatever reporting tool you want to use, it will have to read JIRA's data over REST.  You won't get access to the database or other ways to access your data.

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

Aman,

Birt supports REST for reporting as well as whatever data that you can read with Java. It requires some scripting of course, but it is pretty easy: Briefly, you have to create a Scripted Data Source and then fetch the JIRA data in JSON format via the Atlassian's REST Java Client or the Kinto Soft's REST Driver and create a Data Set for those JIRA data,. From this stage, there are not any difference to make BIrt reports by using REST or SQL.

If you want to read further details about how use JIRA REST services to create Birt reports, read please the documentation of the Birt Reports for JIRA add-on. It shows step by step how to achieve it from the scratch.

Hope this helps,

Pablo.

0 votes
Aman Bhatnagar April 24, 2015

Nic

Thanks for the response. I have tried with some open source BI like BIRT but have been unsuccessful. Using REST have not been able to get the data in the format required. I believe it should be handled at BI tool end only. Will try their. Thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer