Need help on issueFunction in expression JQL compare assignee= Last Resolved By field

Tejas Naik April 18, 2024

Hi Team,

I have created a JQL where I wanted get assignee = Last Resolved By user (single user picker cf) it returns No issues were found to match your search

JQL

issuetype in ("Production Bug", "Production Patch") AND status not in (closed, "Resolution Confirmed") AND "Dev Type" = Customization AND status = Resolved AND issueFunction in expression("", "assignee == 'Last Resolved By'")

Thanks
T

1 answer

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hello @Tejas Naik 

Is Last Resolved By is actually a user?

Also, What are you trying to do with below expression:

issueFunction in expression("", "assignee == 'Last Resolved By'")

why not just use==>  assignee ='Last Resolved By'   clause without the issue function logic. I am lost.. lol

issuetype in ("Production Bug", "Production Patch") AND status not in (closed, "Resolution Confirmed") AND "Dev Type" = Customization AND status = Resolved AND assignee ='Last Resolved By'  

Hi Kalyan,

Apologies for any confusion,

Allow me to clarify:

The 'Last Resolved By' is a field of user picker type containing user values like 'tnaik'.

I am seeking assignee == 'Last Resolved By', comparision to assignee == reporter.

Last.png

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

OK, now it makes sense.

I was able to match 2 user fields like below:

issueFunction in expression("project =KPMS", "assignee == reporter")

issueFunction in expression("project =KPMS", "assignee != reporter")

So can you confirm is below expression standalone is giving you results?

issueFunction in expression("project =KPMS", "assignee == 'Last Resolved By'")

*change the project to one you are interested in where you know you will get hits..

Because if above is giving you results, your rest of the clauses need to be examined.

Hi Kalyan,

issueFunction in expression("project =KPMS", "assignee == reporter")

This query does work perfectly.

issueFunction in expression("project =KPMS", "assignee == 'Last Resolved By'")

This is not returning anything 

Last1.png

I have another field named "Owner" and it retrieves results.

It seems there may be a formatting issue when the field name contains spaces between each word "Last Resolved By".

Tejas Naik April 30, 2024

@Kalyan Sattaluri 

Do you have any idea on the above?

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2024

Hello @Tejas Naik 

unfortunately, no. I couldnt find a way to get this done. works with inbuilt user fields but does nt work with custom fields.... Sorry :(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events